The following video is the introduction to a series on leadership. If you’ve read or viewed other posts on this blog, you may remember that I am relating leadership and counseling as two duties of all Christians. Christian leadership, as the Apostle Paul said, is simply equipping and encouraging others to follow us as we follow Christ. Christian counseling is simply helping those who are wayward or stuck to get back on track. I hope you can see those two duties of love should mark every believers life.
The subsequent videos referenced in this particular video introduction contain copyright material contracted for active duty Army personnel only. That series, therefore, is located on milsuite, a secure site for military personnel. However, I will provide you with many other videos based on my own material. Those several free series will cover a wide variety of concerns you may face in leadership as a parent, a supervisor, a sports coach, or any other role in which you have responsibilities to lead others.
Each video is based on biblical principles in non-religious language to facilitate the broadest use. Therefore, each video will be preceded with related Scripture passages and discussion questions for your use with your family, team, or other groups. Please note that because I originally produced these videos for Army personnel in my unit there is a legal disclaimer at the beginning and professional contact information at the end of each.
Consider the following passages and discussion questions for this video.
Suggested passages on leadership: Genesis 1:26-31, many passages on godly kings, the book of Nehemiah, Psalm 2:1-12, Proverbs 31:1-31, Isaiah 42:1-9, Matthew 10:5-42, Mark 10:35-45, Ephesians 5:15-6:20, 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus, and Philemon
Suggested discussion questions:
- How does God Himself model leadership in character and priorities?
- What were some of the joys, frustrations, sadnesses, fears, and confusions that godly men and women in the Bible faced when leading?
- Did godly men & women always succeed? Elaborate from Scripture
- What are some things Jesus clearly lived and taught regarding leadership?
- In what specific ways might God be calling you to lead someone right now?
- To what small things and big things will He say “well done”? Elaborate from Scripture.
To view more posts like this one, click on “Service Saturdays” in the menu above and click on the link at the bottom.